West Covina Entertainment and Nightlife
The city of West Covina is 20 miles due east of downtown Los Angeles off the ten freeway. The city has the 62nd highest population in California. West Covina has an interesting history. The story goes that in 1923 residents incorporated as a separate city as a way of preventing the city of Covina from constructing a sewage farm in the area. In the early years, the city had a small population of about 769 people which grew rapidly after the end of World War II. The city also experienced steady economic growth during the second half of the 20th century which was mostly brought about by the presence of large corporations.
Over the years, the population of West Covina has grown a thousand fold to about 108,455 people. The city has also become a business hub with a vibrant economy. The city’s business district has an effective redevelopment program that has enabled it to attract many big restaurant chains, retail distributors and companies such as Hooters, Lotus Cars, Audi, Mercedes-Benz, Regal Entertainment, Sephora, and Elephant Bar among others. These companies have immensely contributed to the growth of the city by providing employment for the residents. Other key employers in the city include Walmart, Macy’s, J.C Penney, San Gabriel Valley Newspaper Group, Concorde Battery, Citrus Valley Medical Center, BJ’s Restaurant and Brewery, and the West Covina Unified School District. It also has all the amenities necessary for making the lives of the residents enjoyable and comfortable. These include schools, hospitals, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters among others.
Are you a West Covina Business Owner? Contact Remnant Marketing – West Covina SEO Agency to learn how to get more new customers from Google Search, Facebook and Video Marketing today.
Entertainment and Happenings in West Covina California
There are many entertainment options and happening in West Covina California that will delight you. The Beach is also just nearby where you can go to catch the breeze, bask and mingle with the locals.
West Covina has a jovial nightlife. There are various places that people can go to for an unforgettable night experience. These areas include Galbi Grill, the Crawfish Spot, Oto-Oto Izakaya and Orlando Karaoke Lounge & Restaurant among others. These restaurants offer great food, happy hour, refreshing drinks and entertainment. There are also fantastic dance clubs where young people and the young at heart go for a good time. Some of the best dance clubs in West Covina CA include:
- T. Phillips Alehouse and Grill
- Bar One
- Cha Cha’s Latin Kitchen
- Media Noche Cuban Cuisine
- Club Rock it
- Diamonds Billiard Club
- El Palacio Restaurant and Night Club
- Vive Tequila Lounge and Nightclub
- Luna Super Club
- Disco Retro Nights
- 340 Restaurant and Nightclub
- The Cove
- TGI Fridays
- Tina’s Tavern
- Orlando Karaoke Lounge & Restaurant
- Royal Lounge
- Déjà Vu Showgirls
- 3 Vinos
- Tender Trap
- Cheers Bar and Grill
- Villa Tepeyac
Most of these clubs have excellent choices of music that will guarantee you a fun-filled night out. Luna Supper Club is a Latin American club, 340 Restaurant and Nightclub has gay-themed bars for their gay customers, and Diamond Billiard Club has sports bars and pool halls. Also, jazz enthusiasts can pop in at 3 Vinos for a treat of excellent jazz music while, El Pescador, The Crawfish Spot, and Bronco’s Grill are the places to go for mouthwatering seafood. If you are looking for a dive bar, The Cove, and Tender Trap are your best bet. West Covina’s nightlife has a lot to offer for party animals, and there is something for everyone.
West Covina, California has many restaurants that are worth visiting. These restaurants offer world-class services and delicious foods.
- Dalia’s Pizza- serves the best pizza and Italian cuisine
- Moros Cuban Restaurant- Serves, Cuban, Latin and Spanish cuisine at affordable prices
- Pondahan Restaurant- offers excellent Filipino food
- Vincenzo’s Terrazza- offers delicious Italian cuisine. Customers can order online.
- El Pescador- offers Mexican foods and seafood
- Bistro Provincia- It offers American foods. It is closed on Mondays.
- Pacific Grill Fish- They offer seafood and have efficient and friendly staff.
- Stefano’s Golden Baked Hams- excellent service and tasty Italian dishes
- Big Catch Seafood House- has sushi bars and great seafood
- Sweety Hut Thai Restaurant- delicious Thai food
- The Garlic Crab- offers Cajun Creole and seafood
- Red Restaurant and Bar- it is ideal for a special occasion or romantic meal, great seafood, steak and Asian fusion
- The Restaurant at Kellogg Ranch- has a spectacular night view, ideal for romantic dinners, offers excellent American cuisine
- Lazy Dog Café- delicious food; both meat and vegetarian foods. The Café specializes in American foods.
Other restaurants include: Senor Baja, Peter’s El Loco, The HoneyBaked Ham Company, Round Table Pizza, Classic Burger, Penny’s Restaurant, Jasmin Garden, Mr. Popo Potato, Chili’s Grill & Bar, Planet Pansit, Mr. Pollo, Crazy Mike’s Sushi, Dog Haus, Anna Pizza, Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ, Red Robin International, One World Vegetarian Cuisine, and Marie Callender’s. Furthermore, Café Valer, Simply Pho, M.Y.O Sushi Sea Ocean Seafood Market and Gen Korean BBQ House are great West Covina restaurants.
The people of West Covina know how to have a good time as evidenced by the many festivals that they hold every year. For the remaining part of the year, the residents will take part in the following festival events:
- Eventrockit Food Market- July 23rd
- LA Food Fest- July 8/9/10
- Woogie Weekend-July 8
- Chalice Festival- July 8
- Los Angeles Salsa Festival- July 9
- Annual Dog Day at the Cathedral- July 13
- Colorado Street Bridge Party- July 16
- Eat See Hear Outdoor Movies
- Eventrockit Food Market Aug 6
- Annual Grizzly Dance Festival- Oct 13
- West Covina Food & Wine Festival- Oct 8th & 9th
At the beginning of the year, West Covina celebrated the Annual Cherry Blossom Festival. The events activities include kids games, live performances, and Taiko. Other festivals that take place nearby in Los Angeles include Street Food Cinema on July 2nd, Summer Concert Series on July 3rd, East L.A meets Napa on July 15th, LA Food Fest Rose Garden Kick Off Party, on July 8th, and the Music Center on the same day among others.
Fun Things to Do
There are many fun things you can do in West Covina CA. You can shop in Plaza West Covina, get at massage at Massage Envy Spa West Covina-Eastland Center or Ancient Thai Massage and Spa, or tour the valley using the Foothill Transit bus services. You can also enjoy diving at The Cove Club, eat out in one of the many restaurants, visit the Serenity Therapeutic Reflexology for a massage or play at Galaxy Sports Bar. If you are an art fanatic, you can visit The Original Renaissance Pleasure Fair and The Rising Stars Performing Arts. Take your children to the Magical Playground, play bowling, arcades and sing karaoke at Round 1 club, enjoy mountain biking. Boating, kayaking/rafting at Marina Del Rey Parasailing is also another fun activity that you can do here.